The first project out the door for 2020 was for Local Advantage, a local Southwest business that has created a great app that offers members discounts on products and services from local businesses.
- Showcase the offers available to members of the program when they download the app and purchase a membership.
- Communicate how the program works and how the app works.
- Facilitate the sale of Gift Vouchers.
- Facilitate advertisers signing up to the program to include their offer
- Provide a platform for future content marketing campaigns.
I built the site from the ground up with a custom developed theme and plugins built on the WordPress CMS platform.
Design wise I went for a clean modern mobile first responsive design, with a focus on making it easy for visitors to check out the offers and click through to download the app.
Custom post types were created for the offers and testimonials making it easy for staff to manage content on the site, and organising and categorising the content, whilst also making sure the content is easily indexed by search engines.
As with all sites I develop, as much effort was put into developing the admin area of the site as the front end. This is a very important area that is commonly overlooked. Business owners are going to spend a lot of time in this area so making it intuitive, easy to get around and easy to use is always a goal of mine regardless of the project.
Use was also made of the new “Gutenberg” block editor (https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/) that was released in WordPress 5.0. I developed a custom Mailchimp signup block, that allows an author to easily add a call to action and Mailchimp sign up form to any page or blog post.